TREND: Menswear Inspired Trousers

Thursday, August 03, 2006


free herringbone pant

Esprit Herringbone Pant
$69.00
Qualifies for Free Shipping

I'm such a trouser girl. Skirts are great for weekends and parties, but when I want to feel chic and confident it's got to be trousers for me. This is why I'm so excited that menswear inspired trousers are on the "it list" for fall. Tons of new styles and colors are already rolling into stores and there will most certainly be more to come. I'm going to get a jump on this fun fall trend with these great finds.

I'll wear this Herringbone Pant by Esprit (right) now with a slim fitting C&C California tee in a kicky color and high heeled sandals. When the weather turns chilly, it will be perfect with a cable-knit sweater and grown-up flats.


icon
icon
Joie "Dreams" Twill Wool Pant
$49.97 (was $220-- 77% off!)


Gap Boot cut original just below melange trousers

Gap Brown Plaid Melange Trousers
$54.00

Joie's Twill Wool Pant (right) is a steal at 77% off retail price and will pair perfectly with my favorite new Banana Republic Military Cardigan. Gap's Melange Trouser (left) gets a fun kick from the very subtle brown plaid print and will look great with a pair of deep red shoes.

My favorite of the bunch has to be this timeless Palazzo Pant from super hot label Lotta Stensson (below).


Palazzo Pant

Lotta Stensson Palazzo Pant
$275.00
Qualifies for Free Shipping

These investment-worthy wool pants will look Kate Hepburn smooth when paired with a basic white button down shirt or Vogue-worthy chic with a shrunken cashmere sweater. No matter which route I take, I'll be sure to balance out the wide leg with substantial platform pumps. The proportions may look dramatic, but the fitted waist and long, loose cut will do wonders to slim curvy hips and give the illusion of a smaller waistline.

Click on the photos for direct links to where you can purchase these finds online.