Girl Talk: Get Spring-tastic Skin

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

The month of March means that spring has sprung. It's time to start packing away winter coats and fluffy sweaters in favor of skirts, dresses, and sleeveless tops. If you are anything like me, as soon as you start shedding layers of clothing you start wishing you could shed a few layers of skin in the process. For most of us, months of winter weather have left our skin in a neglected state. Scaly, dry, pale, and ugly are the adjectives that spring to mind. Now the spring is here, how do we get our skin back in "bareable" condition in a hurry?

I turned to the Stiletto Jungle Girl Talk panel for answers. These "real world" women weighed in on the products they turn to to get their skin in tip top shape. The verdict on turning your winter-ravaged skin into a rosy spring glow? All you need is a little pampering and some great bath and body products.

Scrub up! The first step to getting your skin in shape for spring is a rich, moisturizing bath or shower and some gentle exfoliation.


Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser
icon
Cetaphil Skin Cleanser
icon$9.85
Available at: DermaDoctor

"I absolutely love Cetaphil for my skin," says Kim, a 23-year-old from La Jolla, California. "You can use Cetaphil wash on your face and your body. The best thing about Cetaphil is that you can transform it into an exfoliant with some baking soda. Otherwise, it is soft and gentle and it refrains from drying out your skin."



Fresh Brown Sugar Body Polish
Fresh Brown Sugar Body Polish
$62.50
Available at: eLUXURY

"To exfoliate my skin, I usually use Fresh Brown Sugar Body Polish. It's my pre-date ritual," offers Pearl, a 28-year-old LA-based music industry coordinator. "I looooove this stuff, and it makes my skin feel super soft after I use it. The smell of brown sugar with a hint of lemon is just heaven. I usually use it dry on my skin, and sometimes I'll add some extra oil to the mixture to really hydrate before washing it all off."



Floating Island Bath Melt

Lush "Floating Island" Bath Melt
$7.75
Available at: Lush.com

"I finally have a bath tub, so I use Lush's Bath Melts, particularly the Floating Island (left) or Dreamtime," says Pearl. "It makes your bathroom smell so good for the day, too! If you don't have a tub, they've got great Buttercream soaps for the shower."



SwissCo Exfoliating Gloves
SwissCo Exfoliating Gloves
$3.99
Available at: Amazon.com

My favorite way to get in some daily exfoliation action is to use exfoliating gloves. No matter what body wash I use, I get a gentle exfoliation out of the cleansing process. I toss the gloves in the wash each time I launder my bath towels to keep bacteria away.



Moisturize! Now that you are clean and soft, lock in all of that hard work with an equally hard-working moisturizer.


Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion
icon
Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion
icon$8.00
Available at: DermaDoctor

"I am a true beliver in Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion," says Michelle, a 40-year-old SoCal nurse. "I highly recommend it to anyone with dry skin or skin problems."



Johnson & Johnson Baby Oil Gel
Johnson & Johnson Baby Oil Gel
$4.79
Available at: Amazon.com

"I just had a friend turn me on to using Johnson & Johnson Baby Oil Gel before you dry off in the shower," Michelle divulges. "Normally I use Neutrogena Body Oil, but I'm really loving the Baby Oil Gel."



Epicuren After Bath Moisturizers
Epicuren After Bath Moisturizer
$16.00
Available at: Amazon.com

"To keep moisturized... even with the heat and all that tanning [I use] Epicuren After Bath Moisturizer," says Kim. It "is a great way to keep your skin smelling wonderful and ...[feeling] silky soft. This lotion comes in a few different scents and it is one of the only lotions that keeps your skin soft all day without dry patches. My personal favorite scent is vanilla because it is not that strong and it smells eatable."



Hempz Herbal Moisturizer
Hempz Herbal Moisturizer
$10.00
Available at: Amazon.com

Although I am also a huge fan of Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion, I received a small bottle of Hempz Herbal Moisturizer lotion for Christmas and love it. It's super rich and the moisture lasts all day.



Click on any picture or linked text to link directly to where you can purchase that product for getting spring-tastic skin online. Don't miss a single Girl Talk discussion. Subscribe to Stiletto Jungle and get free updates by e-mail or RSS.

Related Stories:
>> Meet the Stiletto Jungle "Girl Talk" Panel!
>> Girl Talk: The Case Against Concealer
>> Girl Talk: Quick Fix Beauty Products