Girl Talk Reviews: Frutels Skincare Vitamins

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Frutels Vitamins
Frutels Gummy Vitamins

$24.95
Available at: amazon.com

I am a firm believer that the single best thing we can do for our outside is to take really good care of our insides. In my case, my obsessive whole-grain-flax-seed-fresh-fruit-antioxident infested diet pretty much drives my entire family and most of my friends completely crazy. What can I say, I'm addicted to healthfulness.

Needless to say, when I heard about a new gummy vitamin designed to nourish our insides in order to combat acne and skin blemishes on the outside, I was ready to jump on the bandwagon. The recipe for better skin in a jiffy includes a range of vitamins from C to zinc-- literally-- and nutrients such as inositol and choline. Let's be real, I'm neither doctor nor nutritionist, so I can't comment on the ingredients. The only real question left for me? Would the gummies really deliver on their promise of better skin in just two weeks? I put the test out to the Stiletto Jungle Girl Talk panel: if you are plagued by skin that is less than perfect, why not give Frutels a try.

Now, I have to admit that none of us who went on the two-week Frutels regimen actually suffer from anything resembling acne. But, we do have predictable breakouts of the type that Frutels aims to eradicate. First up to bat: Tina, a 34-year-old attorney who sufferes from hormonally induced blemishes.

"My skin, like most women's, suffers from the fact that I am a woman. My monthly cycle is seen in my face and [controls] how often and extreme I break out," explains Tina. "I tend to have break outs at the same time of the month and they can be from minor to moderate. I decided to try two Frutels a day as a start to see how they worked.

I was ok with the idea of a gummy option. The only problem is that they don't taste all that great. The taste is really strong and has a not so pleasant odor. I had to brush my teeth immediately after taking the Frutels. Now with the bad smell and after taste aside, I did find they really did work. I was fast approaching a break out time and it came and went without incident. I was pleasantly surprised with the results. I like the idea of treating acne from the inside, but might prefer a pill if it didn't smell badly and didn't have a harsh after taste. Frutels do work and that was awesome, just not sure I could do it for the long term because of the taste and smell."

I agree with you on the smell issue, Tina. I usually have quite agreeable skin, but lately the 18 hour days and sleep deprivation have been a bit much for even my strict diet and fastidious skin care regime. The result? Stress-induced blemishes. I too tried the two Frutels a day routine-- the smallest dose recommended by Frutels, meant for minor blemishes. While the smell reminded me of the first time you open a new bottle of chewable vitamin C tablets, the taste had a citrus tinge that wasn't unpleasant at all and the gummy texture made remembering to take the vitamins-- even when away from a tall glass of water-- quite easy. The result? No blemishes from day two onward. Not too shabby.

Our final contestant was Kim, a 23-year-old who gets occasional blemishes thanks to the sweat-makeup-hair-product combo that results from a regular workout routine. So Kim, how did Frutels work for you?

"Frutels were great. I used up my entire supply and enjoyed chewing on gummy-like acne fixers," says Kim. "It was easy to remember to eat the Frutels, but they left a bitter after taste. I think Frutels did help me clear my skin a little bit, because I made an effort to seriously look at my before and after Frutels face. Frutels are a great idea for people who have a busy schedule and are gum chewers-- it satisfies the chewing/ nervous habit. I think Frutels are worth the price per container, but, I think the price should go down with a bigger quantity purchase. I thought it was great to chew on something that tasted like candy and was going to help out my skin at the same time. Better yet, the container was a bright color and it always stood out in the mornings, which helped me remember to eat a couple before work!"

Looks like an all-around good review for Frutels. Again, neither Tina, nor Kim, nor I have anything resembling acne, and you definitely should run all new vitamin regimens by your doctor before starting, but our experiences with Frutels were nothing but positive. Looking for a new way to treat your facial blemishes? Frutels may be just what you've been looking for.

Click on the photo at the top of this post to link directly to where you can purchase Frutels vitamin supplement, or visit the Frutels site to learn more about how Frutels works and how it may benefit your skin. Don't miss any Girl Talk reviews. Subscribe to Stiletto Jungle and get free updates by e-mail or RSS. Take Stiletto Jungle with you wherever you surf with the Stiletto Jungle Connect Toolbar featuring Google search.

Related Stories:
>> Girl Talk Reviews: Bosom Buttons Combat Wardrobe Malfunctions
>> Girl Talk Reviews: Listerine Whitening Quick Dissolving Strips
>> Girl Talk Reviews: Secrets of the Beauty Insiders