Girl Talk Reviews: My Hip-T Creates Bulk-Free Layers

Thursday, November 29, 2007

My Hip-T
Beauty and accessory gadgets I've done, but fashion gadgets? When I heard about My Hip-T, a new fashion gadget designed to both create layers without bulk and eliminate peekaboo panties when pairing tees with low-rise pants, I was intrigued. This could be interesting. A brand new category of apparel designed to solve a real problem, but with style. There really was only one thing to do. I turned to the Stiletto Jungle Girl Talk panel to get their opinion of this hot new fashion gadget. Michelle, Pearl, and Jennifer each gave My Hip-T the full day test. Did My Hip-T sink or swim?

My Hip-T
White Hip-T

$19.95
Available at: myhip-t.com

"I LOVED IT!" says Michelle, a 41-year-old Orange County, California, nurse. "There's no way I could ever live with out it now that I've tried it. I wore it on Thanksgiving with a very low cut pair of jeans that I love, but wouldn't have dared wear unless I was going out to a club. The My Hip-T worked great. I didn't show off any sexy thong over dinner and it seem to make me look and feel slimmer around the mid section. There was no bulky layered look, but I got the layered effect. I do have to say I looked very hot in My Hip-T! My girlfriend can't wait to order one. My only suggestion is when you are ordering, order one size smaller then you think you should get. Every girl, every women, should own at least one Hip-T. Thanks for letting me try one out-- I'm hooked!"

My Hip-T
Black Hip-T With Lace

$19.95
Available at: myhip-t.com

"I REALLY wanted to like this product. I loved all the different styles of Hip-Ts and thought I'd want to order a ton," starts Pearl, a 29-year-old who works in the Los Angeles, California, music industry. "I ended up trying out the black one with lace trim. But honestly? I just spent all day pulling down not only my top, but also My Hip-T. The Hip-T has the same problem that shirts have when they ride up: when you sit down and stand up a lot the fabric around your waist area rides up.

The first thing I thought of when I put the Hip-T on was, man it'd be really nice if they took a hint from Spanx and made these a little more elastic to suck some muffin top in. Maybe my size was too big, although given the sizing chart it shouldn't have been. My T just sort of laid on top of my skin, there was no sucking in factor. I think if there were some stickier elastic bands on the inside towards the bottom, it would help with the riding up. I'm disappointed though, I definitely was excited to use this product and now I can't wait to get this thing off."

My Hip-T
Vintage Dot Hip-T

$19.95
Available at: myhip-t.com

"I was able to use My Hip-T over the Holiday weekend and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised," says 31-year-old Jennifer, a Long Beach, California, nurse. "When I first pulled it out I was a non-believer thinking twenty bucks for a piece of fabric was a little silly, but I enjoyed wearing it. It really came in handy while slaving over a hot stove on Thanksgiving. I was able to wear a tank top and add some color. My particular Hip-T was not exactly my style, but it added a splash of color and I was able to stay cool.

There were only two issues I experienced. [First] was that when wearing a form fitting t-shirt or tank top you could see where the lines of the Hip-T. The second issue was that, when wearing jeans, when I sat down the jeans pulled it down and when I stood up, I had to make for adjustments. So... adjustments and visible lines aside I would still consider purchasing the Hip-T, although I would probably stick to a solid matching color."

Click on any photo to link directly to where you can purchase that Hip-T online, or click on the logo at the top of this post to link to the entire My Hip-T store online. Don't miss any Girl Talk Reviews. Subscribe to Stiletto Jungle and get free updates by e-mail or RSS. Take Stiletto Jungle with you wherever you surf with the Stiletto Jungle Connect Toolbar featuring Google search.

Related Stories:
>> Girl Talk Reviews: Aliza Darik Shoe Clips
>> Girl Talk Reviews: Frutels Skincare Vitamins
>> Girl Talk Reviews: Bosom Buttons Combat Wardrobe Malfunctions