Girl Talk Reviews: Purse Sitter Protects Your Handbags

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Picture it. It's happy hour. You are at that little hole in the wall just downstairs from your office, brand new Kooba handbag tossed nonchalantly over your shoulder. Sure, you got it 40% off because you read Stiletto Jungle every day (hint, hint), but it still cost the better part of your entire monthly clothing budget. You are ready for your cold cocktail and free nachos. One problem: where do you put your purse?

Purse Sitter
Your options are limited. Do you carry it with you, slung over your shoulder for the next three hours? Do you sit it right in the middle of the table like the prissy girl you pretend not to be? Do you sit your new handbag acquisition on the sticky floor? Nope. None of this is going to work. It's time for a new option. Meet the Purse Sitter.

These simple looking hooks are designed to keep your precious handbags up off the floor and safely tucked right under the table or bar while you are out and about. No more dirty, trampled handbags. Sounds perfect! But, do these hooks do the job as intended, or are they just full of empty promises? Armed with samples from the Purse Sitter line, the Stiletto Jungle Girl Talk panel set out to see if they could keep their fave handbags clean and dry while out on the town.

"Okay, I loved the Purse Sitter," says Kim, a 23-year-old San Diego native. "I think it's the cutest concept ever. I get a little worried about my nice expensive handbags being placed on the floor when I'm somewhere where there is no back to the stool. But truthfully, it is slightly embarrassing to make a big fuss out of it. The Purse Sitter put me at ease. I used the Purse Sitter at a couple places but the spot where it happened to attract a lot of attention was a very nice restaurant with a corner bar. 6 people came up to tell me they thought it was such a smart idea with a cute flair. I agree! I actually was able to put my friend's bag with mine on the Purse Sitter to spare us from dusty bottoms on our brand new Gucci bags."

Purse Sitter
Purse Sitter

$17.99
Available at: pursesitter.com

Sounds like you had a great Purse Sitter experience, Kim. Would you buy a Purse Sitter for yourself, knowing what you know now about how it works?

"I find the price for the Purse Sitter to be reasonable, but I think it would be more affordable and sellable if it was about 5 bucks cheaper," Kim continues. "I asked a few ladies if they would buy for around $20, and they also said it was slightly high, but that they would appreciate it as a gift. We all thought it would be a great gift idea for the holiday season, such as a stocking stuffer."

"Well, I'm [also] not sure I would pay almost $20.00 for it, but it would really make for great Christmas gifts this year!" says 31-year-old Jennifer, a nurse from Long Beach, California. "The Purse Sitter worked great in my opinion. It never fell off the table and my purse never fell off of it either. It was sturdy enough to even hold my daughters backpack from school. I have always been one to place my purse on a bar when out with friends or sometimes I leave my purse at home and fill my husbands pockets full of the essentials out of fear of placing my Dooney & Burke on some nasty bar floor. With the Purse sitter in my possession.... NEVER AGAIN!!!! Thank You Purse Sitter, you saved my husbands dignity and my Dooney!!!"

Due to the tail end of the nasty So Cal fires, we found ourselves short on active Girl Talk reviewers, but our remaining members stepped up to the challenge. Tina, a San Diego based attorney, enlisted a co-worker to help give the Purse Sitter a good once over. What say you ladies?

Purse Sitter
Purse Sitter

$17.99
Available at: pursesitter.com

"I love the Purse Sitter," gushes Tina. "I think they are too cute and you can pick one that totally fits your own personality. I work downtown in an area that has wonderful lunch time options, the only catch is the best food tends to come from a hole in the wall. The Purse Sitter totally comes in handy at lunch time when I am in places that I would not want to set my purse on the ground. I do have to remember to use it, but when I do it is great. My purses are medium sized and about 5 lbs., so they work great. I would totally get the Purse Sitter as a present for a friend with a nice bag to help them keep it clean.

I also had Karen, another attorney [in my office] try the Purse Sitter. She tried it and loved it as well. She thought it was a great idea and told me she had just seen a show about how unclean purses are because of where we sit them. She was excited to use the Purse Sitter and found it to be great. She has one large purse that it did not work well with, but that one is really big! So it seems to work best for medium sized purses. It is a great way to protect your investment. A Coach purse shouldn't be set on a dirty floor! I think most women agree!"

"I love the idea of the Purse Sitter!" says Po, a 28-year-old living in Ceres, California. "It's so useful; I'm surprised it was not developed earlier. I've always had difficulty finding a place to put my purse-- this problem is now solved! It is so adorable! It's very cute, fashionable, and feminine. It was surprisingly much more sturdy than I had expected. I didn't know something so little could handle so much weight! My purse had no problem being hung on by the Purse Sitter and it was very convenient-- in its size and in the availability of places to use it. It fit easily in my purse and was easy to find with the cute little sack it came in."

Purse Sitter
Sounds like you found the Purse Sitter useful, Po. Would you recommend it to a friend?

"Definitely. In fact, I already have! I think mass consumption of this product would come most from younger, college-age girls, so a lowered price might be more attractive. I'd pay the current retail, though. It securely held my purse in place while I admired just how cute it looked using it."

Yeah, um, "cute" was definitely the word of the day when it came to the Purse Sitter. Michelle, a 41-year-old nurse from Huntington Beach, California had this to say: "The Purse Sitter is absolutely adorable! I love the way it looks. It's just so cute."

Well, enough said. Looks like the Purse Sitter was an all around hit with the Girl Talk Panel. Click on any photo to link to where you can get your own. Don't miss any Girl Talk reviews. Subscribe to Stiletto Jungle and get free updates by e-mail or RSS. Take Stiletto Jungle with you wherever you surf with the Stiletto Jungle Connect Toolbar featuring Google search.

Related Stories:
>> Girl Talk Reviews: Frutels Skincare Vitamins
>> Girl Talk Reviews: Bosom Buttons Combat Wardrobe Malfunctions
>> Girl Talk Reviews: Listerine Whitening Quick Dissolving Strips