Girl Talk: Best Beauty Discoveries of 2007

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

philosophy amazing grace deluxe set
Philosophy "Amazing Grace" Set

$85.00
Available at: nordstrom.comicon

Over the past year the Stiletto Jungle Girl Talk panelists have swiped, slathered, tried, and tested their way through countless new beauty products in the name of shopping journalism. Add this to the piles of products they try out on their own time, and these ladies have definitely "gotten around" in the world of beauty. So, I got to wondering, after all of those products, what came out on top?

I put the question to the Girl Talk panelists: what was your Best Beauty Discovery of 2007? The answer was 6 fabulous products that will keep you beautiful from the swing of your hair to your smiling teeth.

1. Philosophy Amazing Grace - "I am in love with Philosophy's Amazing Grace line. I looooove the smell! It reminds me of Mr. Bubble from when I was little, but it's light enough to not bother me all the time. I have the shower gel and lotion. The only drawback is that the shower gel doesn't foam up as much as I wish it would. But man, it smells so good."
-- Pearl, 29, Los Angeles, California

2. Sothys Hydroptimale THI3 Serum - "Although this product was discovered by me by the end of the year, it has worked wonders for me, and it will be routinely used in 2008. Sothys Hydroptimale TH13 serum is my beauty discovery of the year! I'm glad I got to review this product, and find out how wonderfully my skin reacted to it. It has kept my skin hydrated during this cold time of the year. People have been complimenting me on my skin for a month now. I have incorporated Sothys into my morning routine and I will continue using it to keep my skin glowing and hydrated. I have been using it for about 2 months now and my skin has gotten better. Once again, I must say I like how it goes on non-sticky and it seeps into the pores right away, without making me feel like I have just added another layer to my make-up.
-- Kim, 23, La Jolla, California

Oral B Triumph Electric Toothbrush
Oral-B Triumph 9950 Toothbrush

129.45 (was $149.99-- save 14%!)
Available at: amazon.com

3. Oral-B Triumph Toothbrush - "This may sound crazy but my best 'new product' for 2007 is my Oral-B Electric toothbrush-- the Triumph model. I absolutely love it. I get super clean teeth, which makes me feel better about my smile and my appearance. I feel like it keeps my teeth whiter and my gums healthier. I know, that shouldn't be a 'beauty tip' but it really is! To have a smile you are confident in-- that is awesome. I purchased my Oral-B in September of 2007 and my first cleaning since switching was just a week ago... and my dentist was impressed. The cleaning was super quick and easy because of very little build up. I am easy to impress!"
-- Tina, 35, San Diego, California

4. Smashbox Makeup Brushes - "I love, love Smashbox brushes. They are way pricey, but so worth it. I'm finally learning the art of makeup application (yeah, I get it, I'm a little late to the game). Having good brushes will make or break a look. Smashbox makes very durable brushes that are just right to perfect your smoky eye or daytime au naturale look. They are also not tested on any animals, to appease your inner activist."
-- Pearl, 29, Los Angeles, California

Crabtree and Evelyn La Source Shampoo Original Formula
La Source Shampoo

$24.00
Available at: crabtree-evelyn.com

5. Crabtree & Evelyn La Source Shampoo & Conditioner Original Formula - "I fell in love with Crabtree & Evelyn Shampoo and Conditioner in the Original formula. After staying at a Hilton Hotel in San Francisco where a sample was a part of the toiletries, I was immediately intoxicated by the incredibly fragrant smell emanating from the shampoo and conditioner before, during, and after the usage. I loved it so much I went on a mission to find it. The mission became simple when I found out there were independent stores offering their product nearby, but was most simplified by just ordering online. It smells amazing! The blue bottles are just beautiful to display in my shower stall, matches the color coordination of my bathroom, and properly cleans and detangles my hair as any good product should. I have to admit, it is the scent the draws me into this addiction-- but that's good enough for me!"
-- Po, 28, Ceres, California

6. Biolage Color Care Shampoo & Conditioner - "If you want a 'beauty tip' in the true sense of the word, I would say that my best discovery was Biolage Shampoo and Conditioner for color treated hair. I love that stuff. My hair smells awesome, is easy to care for, and does not feel weighted down with stuff. I like that my hair color (yes I do highlight my hair... shhh ... don't tell anyone) lasts longer and looks great. I really enjoy the compliments I get on my shiny, healthy hair."
-- Tina, 35, San Diego, California

Click on any photo or linked text to link directly to where you can purchase that Best Beauty Discovery of 2007, as picked by the Stiletto Jungle Girl Talk panel, online. Don't miss any Girl Talk conversations. Subscribe to Stiletto Jungle and get free updates by e-mail or RSS. Take Stiletto Jungle with you wherever you surf with the Stiletto Jungle Connect Toolbar featuring Google search.

Related Stories:
>> GWP Alert: Free Nordstrom Beauty Bounty
>> Girl Talk Reviews: Billion Dollar Brows Forever Lash
>> Girl Talk: Much Love For MAC