Girl Talk: Best Pedicure Colors for Spring

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

China Glaze Make An Entrance
China Glaze Nail Polish

$6.00 - $6.50
Available at: amazon.com

Today may have been a little chillier than I would like, but this past weekend definitely made a statement: spring is here. Well, at least here in California. And, with warm weather comes the desire-- no, the need-- to get your pretty little toes in tip top shape.

If you have received a pedicure anytime in, say, the last 15 years, you know that the color choices are practically endless. From barely there buffs, to blood reds so deep that they are practically black, the choices are mind-boggling. Searching for some fresh inspiration, I called upon the Stiletto Jungle Girl Talk panel to name the best pedicure colors for spring.

"Funny you should ask about pedicures. This weekend was really warm in San Diego with record breaking heat... so of course the first thing I thought of was my toes," says Tina, a 35-year-old attorney. "I needed to get my feet in shape for fun summer outfits and cute summer shoes. I think that the first hint of spring makes me want to do something fun. I normally go with either hot pink or deep lavender, they just make me think of spring! One of my favorite colors is China Glaze 'Make an Entrance' [top left, inset]. Hot pink with a cute white flower is perfect. There is nothing better than a pedicure to make you feel cute and ready for summer shoes. As we move more into summer though I will switch to a French pedicure and that looks great when you have a nice tan going on!"

Barielle Natural French Manicure Kit
Barielle French Manicure Kit

$16.00
Available at: drugstore.com
icon

"French pedicures are my favorite," adds Orange County-based Kim V. "It simply works for day business attire, and looks great casual and for a night out on the town. When I do change it up I prefer the bright hot colors in the summer that stand out with a good tan."

"The heat is starting to be unbearable during my morning walks, but that's not the only problem. I can no longer count on wearing my closed toed shoes in order to hide a chipped pedicure!" laments 24-year-old Kim M., a resident of Del Mar, California. "The time has come to keep up with those pedicure appointments, whether it's at home or at the salon.

OPI Nail Lacquer in Sweet Heart
OPI Nail Lacquer

$8.19
Available at: drugstore.com
icon

My favorite pedicure tip is to use light colors on the toes, because it isn't as noticeable when the color chips. I love OPI's 'Sweetheart' [bottom left]. It's a solid beige color. Sweetheart looks great on any color skin, but looks even better when tan. You can always spice it up with a bright color flower or other nail designs.

If you have really tanned skin, my favorite colors are light to medium pinks. They stand out just enough, but don't look so faded after a week. I like OPI's 'You're a Pisa Work.' It's a medium pink color that goes great with any open-toed shoes and tanned skin. To keep the color lasting I recommend putting a great top coat on right after the pedicure and a week after-- this will keep the color from fading. I like OPI's top coat, and L'Oreal also makes a good one."

Related Stories:
>> Girl Talk Reviews: Clean & Clear In-Shower Facial
>> How-To: Get Sexy Legs for Spring
>> Fresh Soy Face Cleanser: SJ Favorite