Wedges: Summer Shoe Must-Have

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

-- By Kim Moshtaghi


Betsey Johnson 'Foster' Sandal
Betsey Johnson "Foster" Wedges

$165.00
Available at: nordstrom.com
icon

Ladies, the time has come to bare those feet (and get some extra height) with sexy summer shoes! Although I spend most of my days in high-heeled stilettos, I admit I have fallen in love with wedges. They are comfortable enough to wear all day, and they go great with all my summer outfits-- especially shorts. Wearing stilettos with shorts seems so tasteless; wedges are the perfect alternative.

Wedges come in all shapes and sizes, and they last much longer than heels as they tend not wear and tear as easily. Wedges also have a girly edge to them-- which we’re all looking for-- plus much needed height. I have some great wedge shoes that have lasted years and still look brand new. Wedges are making a big come back, which is good for fashion crazed people like me, because designers are spending more time differentiating their designs and patterns. There are a lot of different wedges to choose from, making them easy to incorporate in anyone’s closet. If you can afford to buy more than one pair, I would definitely splurge on a fun pair that will add some flavor to an outfit, a simple pair that you can wear when you’re going to lunch, and a pair to wear on your night out.


Just Cavalli Croc-Embossed Wedge
Just Cavalli Croc-Embossed Wedge

$625.00
Available at: eluxury.com

I must say the lead designer for wedges is none other than Betsey Johnson; she seems to have the funky wedge down. Since floral is a big hit this year, I suggest getting a pair of Betsey Johnson floral wedges that will definitely add an extra touch to any outfit. I also love the funky leopard "Luau" wedges from Charles by Charles David; they are comfortable and can help complete an outfit perfectly. They would look killer with a pair of red or black linen shorts.


Giuseppe Zanotti Braided Wedge Mule
Giuseppe Zanotti Braided Wedge

$595.00
Available at: eluxury.com

If you’ve got more money to spend, then I suggest the shoes I have been fantasizing about-- the Just Cavalli Croc-Embossed Wedge. These shoes rock! I love the fact that they’re metallic and earth tone, which goes with everything. I can see them looking beautiful with white pants and some gold accessories. For those of you who like to ease into new accessories, I suggest Guiseppe Zanotti’s Braided Wedge Mule. It’s simple and elegant.

With so much style diversity, plus amazing comfort, how can you go wrong? I remember my hairdresser growing up always said “pain for beauty any day,” but those days are long gone. It’s time to ditch the pain and go for comfort. So come on ladies, get your pretty little pedicured toes in some wedges.
_______

Kim Moshtaghi
Kim Moshtaghi is a contributing writer for Adventures in the Stiletto Jungle. Born in Germany, Kim is currently based in sunny Del Mar, California, where she also serves as Stiletto Jungle's Director of Sales and Promotions. Kim has a communications degree, a third degree black belt, and a totally covetable Gucci handbag collection.