Girl Talk Reviews: Bond No. 9 Andy Warhol Silver Factory

Tuesday, December 11, 2007


Bond No. 9
Andy Warhol Silver Factory

$230.00
Available at: saks.com

Tis the season for life's little luxuries. No better time for super upscale New York perfumerie Bond No. 9 to release their latest fragrance. December 1 marked the debut of Andy Warhol Silver Factory, the first in what will be a series of partnerships between Bond No. 9 and the Andy Warhol Foundation.

Silver Factory is a scent that is not for the flower lovers among you. The scent is a blend of "incense, wood resin and syrupy seductive amber with a heart of jasmine, iris and violet and a handful of cedarwood." I think it sounds delicious. For the Pop Art lovers, the iconic bottle is inspired by Warhol's Campbell Soup Can silkscreen painting of 1965.

Are you loving it already? I am. But, I wanted to call in a few second opinions. I distributed samples of this posh new perfume to the members of the Stiletto Jungle Girl Talk panel and sent them on their way.

"This was my absolute favorite and I will be wearing it my next night out on the town!" gushes Po, a 28-year-old attorney. "I'm not sure I'd wear it on a daily basis, but that's only because I don't wear perfume daily. I guess I did like this perfume enough to start wearing it every day. I had tried Bond No. 9 Saks Fifth Avenue for Her first, and as you know, I wasn't crazy about it. I believe I expected not to like this fragrance either, so my pleasant surprise in liking it was magnified by my lowered expectation. My instant evaluation would be that this as a sexy, adult scent."

Well, Po, I think that actually makes perfect sense. Saks for Her is a very floral scent and Silver Factory is much more of a spicy fragrance. I'm curious what some of our panelists who loved Saks for Her think. Michelle, I remember that you adored Saks. What do you think of Silver Factory?

"It was ok, but it wasn't as wonderful as Saks," explains Michelle, a 41-year-old nurse from Huntington Beach, California. "Just not my thing. I tend to like more floral scents that stand out. This was a little too subtle for me."

"I tried the perfume today and it has lasted through most of my day," says Tina, a 34-year-old San Diego attorney. "When I was putting it on this morning I kept thinking this is not a scent I would pick out for myself. I find that it is a little overpowering and masculine for me. I tend to like softer scents. I think it is a nice scent, just not for me. I would not wear this particular smell."

"Well the Andy Warhol Silver Factory perfume is not my cup of tea," offers Kim, a 23-year-old from La Jolla, California. "It definitely lasts all day, but it's just way too strong for me. I appreciate a more subtle perfume to linger around me all day. So, for people who like strong spicy smelling perfume, it may be a hit. As far as me liking it, it was a no. I thought it was more of a masculine perfume with a musky smell that was stuck with me all day and night. Honestly, I was disappointed."

Well, as expected, those ladies who loved the heady gardenia scent of the floral Bond No. 9 Saks Fifth Avenue for Her were disappointed in Silver Factory. But, those who disliked the overpowering floral of Saks really enjoyed Silver Factory. Moral of the story? If you enjoy a spicy scent, Silver Factory may be your new fave. If florals are more your thing, check out the new Saks Fifth Avenue for Her.

Click on the photo at the top of this post to link directly to where you can purchase Bond No. 9 Andy Warhol Silver Factory online. Don't miss any real-world reviews from the Stiletto Jungle Girl Talk panel. Subscribe to Stiletto Jungle and get free updates by e-mail or RSS. Take Stiletto Jungle with you wherever you surf with the Stiletto Jungle Connect Toolbar featuring Google search.

Related Stories:
>> Girl Talk Reviews: Bond No. 9 Saks Fifth Avenue for Her
>> Girl Talk Reviews: Bond No. 9 Saks Fifth Avenue for Him
>> Compare prices on Bond No. 9 perfumes online via Shopzilla.com