Girl Talk Reviews: Pro Silk Hair Care

Friday, December 14, 2007

Is it just me, or is every woman in a constant struggle for better hair? With so many hair care products to choose from, a woman could try a different product every day for the rest of her life and still not hit on the right combination of cleansing, conditioning, treating, and styling to make her hair just right. Top that off with the crazy prices some hair care lines are charging-- I spent almost $50 on a tiny tub of conditioner yesterday!-- the whole process is too much to bear. I take every chance I get to ask other women what they use on their tresses, and every chance to have the Stiletto Jungle Girl Talk panelists test drive new hair care products and share their thoughts with all of you.

Up this week, the Pro Silk hair care line. I turned Pearl, Kim, and Tina loose with Pro Silk shampoo, conditioner, serum, and straightening combs and asked them to come back with the details of their Pro Silk test drive.

"The Pro Silk products were pretty decent," starts Pearl, a 29-year-old LA girl. "When I was using the shampoo and conditioner, I instantly felt my hair getting smooth and silky. I really liked that on the conditioner there were two different times for washing out: 2 minutes for a regular conditioning, and 5 minutes and wrapping your hair in a hot towel for deep conditioning. I did about 3 or 4 minutes of conditioning without the towel.

Pro Silk Shampoo
Pro Silk Shampoo

$7.50
Available at: prosilkprod.com

Afterward, I dried my hair with a blow dryer and used their straightening comb. The comb was cool, but I felt like it was creating a lot of knots in my hair. I have really long hair-- to my waist-- and I am probably in need of a haircut so my ends aren't great, but I didn't like all the knots that this comb was creating. Maybe it'd be more useful for shorter hair.

Also, I felt like this product was drying out my ends. Regardless, I did like the way my hair straightened with this shampoo and conditioner, and my hair did feel silky and looked very shiny. I would consider using this product on a normal basis, the only thing that really turned me off was the smell.

The smell of a shampoo/ conditioner basically sells me on it. I like my hair to smell like actual shampoo. This shampoo smelled a little too floral for me, but at least after it was washed, it didn't carry a very strong smell with it in my hair. I think I'm sticking to my old stuff for now, mainly because of the smell and my dry ends. I did try the hair serum. It was eh. I didn't love the smell of that either. I'd rather opt for Biosilk or Bumble and Bumble's serum stuff that smells way better and does the same thing. The shampoo and conditioner come at an amazing price, so I think that rocks, but the hair serum is super overpriced."

Pro Silk Serum
Pro Silk Serum

$19.95
Available at: prosilkprod.com

"I was very excited to try this product line because I have curly hair and love to straighten it every week," says Kim, a 23-year-old from La Jolla, California. "So one might say I have tried every hair product known to man in order to find that one line that can get my hair to stay healthy and shiny. The shampoo and conditioner did not smell good, and for me that is important. It's nice to come out of the shower having your hair smell deliciously clean. The conditioner did not help de-tangle my hair, but instead dried it out. The silk serum smelled great, and I liked how it added some shine to my hair. As for the straightening comb it did not work well with my hair. It was pulling on my hair too much, but I think it's a nice concept for the right hair type. Overall, the Pro Silk hair products were a disappointment for me, but it may work for a non-curly haired female. I would recommend this product line to a friend mainly because the price is reasonable enough for someone to buy."

Pro Silk Straightening Comb
Pro Silk Straightening Comb

$12.00
Available at: prosilkprod.com

"I tried the Pro Silk shampoo, conditioner, and serum for two days and then I tried just the serum for two days," says Tina, a 34-year-old San Diego attorney. "I have to say that I like the serum. It helps my hair look shiny and keep the fly aways from doing just that. I did not like the conditioner or how it make my hair feel. I actually felt like my hair was weighted down. It didn't lay right or look as good as normal. I also didn't like how difficult it was to get the conditioner out of the bottle. It is so thick that it is difficult to get onto your hands to put into your hair. I don't think I would recommend the shampoo and conditioner. I do think the serum is a good product to help tame the hair and it did help when wearing just the serum to get my hair straight and shiny."

So, it's a mixed review for Pro Silk. The consensus seems to be that the shampoo and conditioner are a great bargain, but not the best smelling available. The ladies liked the serum for adding shine and taming fly aways, and the straightening comb is a great idea for ladies with shorter hair.

Click on any photo to link directly to where you can purchase that Pro Silk hair care product online, or click on the logo at the top left of this post to link to the entire Pro Silk hair care system online. Don't miss any smart, truthful Girl Talk Reviews. Subscribe to Stiletto Jungle and get free updates by e-mail or RSS. Take Stiletto Jungle with you wherever you surf with the Stiletto Jungle Connect Toolbar featuring Google search.

Related Stories:
>> Girl Talk Reviews: Bond No. 9 Andy Warhol Silver Factory
>> Girl Talk Reviews: Aliza Darik Shoe Clips
>> Girl Talk Reviews: Purse Sitter Protects Your Handbags