SJ Road Test: Conair Infiniti Nano Silver Hair Dryer

Monday, December 17, 2007

Inifiniti by Conair 228 Nano Silver Tourmaline Ceramic Styler
Conair Nano Silver Hair Dryer

$33.78 (was $49.99-- save 31%!)
Free Shipping
Available at: amazon.com

Let's get one thing out of the way: I'm a beauty product snob. One glaring example: I own a $200 hair dryer. It's a Bio Ionic, purchased at a time when the only ionic hair dryers on the market were pricey Japanese imports. It has lasted for years and I think it was worth every penny.

These days, ionic hair dryers can be picked up at your local Wal-Mart and we have new technologies to consider: ceramic, tourmaline, high wattage. I've been so confused that I haven't ventured beyond my trusty Bio Ionic. Then the nice people at Conair offered to let me try out their brand new Nano Silver hair care tool line. The Nano Silver line features all three of the new technologies-- ionic, ceramic, tourmaline-- wrapped into sleekly designed styling tools.

First up, the new Infiniti by Conair 228 Nano Silver Tourmaline Ceramic Styler. It's a fancy-schmancy hair dryer with a not-so-fancy price tag. I was dubious, given my love of high priced beauty products, but I've been using it for a week now and I'm impressed.

The basic hair dryer features 3 heat and 2 speed settings, as well as a cool shot button. It comes with three nifty attachments: a basic concentrator nozzle, an adjustable diffuser, and a pick. The dryer was great. It dried my hair as quickly as my Bio Ionic and with equally good anti-frizz results. Plus, it was actually a tad bit lighter than my old hair dryer-- a huge plus when attempting to straighten long hair.

While I was pleased with this hair dryer as a whole, I think the pick attachment (right) is worth the price of the entire dryer. It is the most freakishly amazing way to dry your hair-- and I mean that in a good way. The pick features two rows of comb-like fingers with a tourmaline-coated ceramic bar in the middle. As you use the pick, the bar heats up to aid in straightening your hair. What's freakish about it is that you really do have to rethink how you dry your hair. You have to switch up everything from the angle you hold your dryer to the pace of the drying process to use the pick, but it is worth the effort. My wavy hair straightened out quickly and painlessly without ever picking up a round brush. Ladies, if you straighten your hair, you have to try this attachment.

Click on the photo at the top of this post to link directly to where you can purchase the brand new Infiniti by Conair 228 Nano Silver Tourmaline Ceramic Styler online and on sale. Don't miss any SJ Road Tests. Subscribe to Stiletto Jungle and get free updates by e-mail or RSS. Take Stiletto Jungle with you wherever you surf with the Stiletto Jungle Connect Toolbar featuring Google search.

Related Stories:
>> Girl Talk Reviews: Pro Silk Hair Care
>> Girl Talk Reviews: Bond No. 9 Andy Warhol Silver Factory
>> Girl Talk Reviews: Aliza Darik Shoe Clips